Message From NMA's Executive Director
Nyob Zoo Families,
COVID-19 and living in a pandemic have really challenge all of us to think of unique and innovative ways in which we need to interact with each other, and on how we make decisions that will impact our children and families. The past couple of months, our scholars have been our number one priority – ensuring they continue to have quality and equitable academic opportunities while keeping them healthy and safe.
This continues to be our priority here at NMA. As we give our families the choice to choose between hybrid or distance learning, we have been putting protocols and systems together to ensure we do this safely and efficiently. In the last couple of days, we have seen a significant shift that our families are making from hybrid to distance learning, which is going to impact both logistics and the safety of our original plan, which was to do hybrid learning for K-4 and distance learning for 5-8. Therefore, we have decided to start this school year with 100% distance learning.
So what does this mean to all of us:
1. So that we allow teachers, staff, and families to adjust to this new shift, we have pushed our start date back to Tuesday, September 8, which is the day after Labor Day.
2. We have cancelled open house for our hybrid learners.
3. If you are scheduled to pick up Chromebooks for your scholars in the next couple of days, please do so.
4. New schedules and welcome packets will be resent to families this week. Please be on the lookout for a white envelope coming your way.
5. NMA needs 100% participation with our meal program, and families will need to pick up meals here at school for their scholars. We will communicate when and how this will be done in the welcome packet.
6. NMA will continue to have child care services for our Tier 1 essential workers. Please reach out to Knick Thaosen at 763-235-7900 for more information.
We understand that this shift in learning will have a significant impact on our scholars and families. Therefore, I have delegated my Impact Office to be available for social and emotional support navigating these changes. Please reach out Impact Coaches, Mr. La or Mr. Stephens, our School Counselor Michaela Nettum, and Family Support Specialist, Mai Yang Lor by calling 763-235-7900.
Once again, NMA has made the decision to go 100% distance learning and our new start date is Tuesday, September 8th.